Sunday, October 5, 2014

Proverbs 3:5

I told myself it was too late tonight to try to fit in a blog post. However, I had to make sure to get down on virtual paper one of the scriptures that was stated in the morning session of General Conference today:

Proverbs 3:5 

 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding

I have heard that before. However, it really seems to sink in more today. Of course it takes dozens of attempts for it to sink in with me! My own stubbornness is my undoing. 

Of course the Lord wants us to learn and understand. But that scripture means that we need to turn to Him and constantly ask for His guidance, as it continues to say in verse 6. We may think we're doing things the way they should be done. And of course, we may insist our way is the way it should be. But that's where the Lord comes in to let us know that we might need to make some adjustments. Okay, we always need to make some adjustments.

We began a fast today that the appraisal for our construction loan is where it needs to be and we can start building. 

I know it has to go well. We know we were supposed to move here. Just the circumstances that went into how we purchased our land exactly four years ago point to that. 

And two weeks ago - when Chris was speaking in our new ward - when he mentioned what led to our moving to Wickenburg, he was overcome with peace. 

We know we're supposed to be here. 

Therefore, I do have faith in this fast.  But of course, my own understanding of doubt and wonder and worry creeps in (you know, that Monkey named Phillip? From my previous post... Yeah, he's back again...Go to bed, Phillip!)


Pumpkin Conference Art Earlier on Sunday 10/5
Fasting is not my strong point. In fact, it's one of the gospel principles that I adhere to the least.

But not this time. It's going to be rough. It already is. However, I need to put my own stubbornness aside and take this leap of faith. 

Another gospel principle that I could use a kick in the butt with? Prayer. Oh, I pray. I pray with the kids. I pray at the dinner table. But my personal prayers really need work. 

More adjustments. And that's okay.



Until next time. Art updates to follow! 








No comments:

Post a Comment