Saturday, August 6, 2011

Brief Trip Out of the Oven....Part II

...(continued from Part I) Continuing with the trip re-cap, on Monday August 1st, AleXander and I went to Yaquina Head Lighthouse north of Newport. It is such a beautiful place! Christian and I went there too in June 2009 when he and I were there. The weather was so beautiful - a little too sunny for my taste, but the air temperature was perfect. It was also breezy.
View from back of the lighthouse.
AleXander and I next to the lighthouse. Can't you tell?
After we left Yaquina Head, we headed down to the market area in Newport where Papa, Grandma Georgia and the rest of the group was and we went to Mo's! YUM! And afterwards, right next to the restaurant, we watched a guy catch a very large crab! Cool!
Mmmmm......Shark!
The next day 8/2, around dinnertime, we all went down the beach for hot dogs and S'mores. YUM! The sun was intense. AleXander borrowed Mackenzie's hat. I love the beach. I love Oregon. I love the climate. I'm not a fan of sand. AleXander sure enjoyed it though. Thank goodness for Grandma Georgia's bathtub later. The next day, 8/3, AleXander and I headed home. :cry: At least we had a beautiful drive down to Florence and then over to Eugene. Look how gorgeous and misty it was. Bye Oregon! I already miss you, tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment